You may wonder what a PS3 blinking red light fix is. I experienced the so-called PS3 blinking red light about 2 weeks ago. After turning on my PS3 the only reaction I got was a flashing red light. No chance to play a game or at least to see the main menu. I was really annoyed because I payed a lot of money for the console and I was finally getting better at playing FIFA 10.
My search for a PS3 Blinking Red Light Fix
I instantly started to search through different forums to find a solution for my problem. After a while I found a PS3 blinking red light fix. It consisted of the following three simple steps:
1. Check if there is a loose cable. If not, restart your console.
2. Unplug all cables except the power cord, and plug them back in.
3. If that didn’t work, then try to take out the hard-drive, and put it back in.
Unfortunately none of these tips worked for me, the PS3 was still flashing red.
I suddenly remembered that my Xbox 360 had a Red Ring Of Death two years ago and that the Microsoft service repaired it for free, I only had to pay the shipping. I thought that Sony – the market leader for gaming systems – offered such a service, too. But I thought wrong!
Sony offered the following “excellent” PS3 blinking red light fix:
1. Pay $150 no matter if the error is Sony’s own fault or not
2. Wait up to six weeks to do the flashing red light repair
3. Forget about all the content you stored on your PS3, it’s all wiped off!
Do you call that customer service?
My search for an affordable PS3 Blinking red light fix
Thus I started to search for a cheaper solution and finally came across PS3 Lights Fix, a D.I.Y. PS3 repair guide. Click here to find out more about this guide. Not only does it include a PS3 blinking red light fix, but also fixes for other common PS3 problems.
Although I was a little sceptical at first, I finally decided to order the guide.
Stay tuned for my review of this PS3 blinking red light fix guide.